Saturday, December 4, 2010

Posy Patch Creation


Hello! Well I finally took the plunge and played with my Heartfelt Creations stamps that I bought back in Oct at the stamp show in York PA! The challenge over at Joan's Garden helped get me motivated! They have a awesome prize package sponsered by Heartfelt Creations in honor of their 25th challenge!

I LOVE the cards I see made with these stamps, all the layers and dimension you can get with them. I guess I've been kinda intimidated by them, afraid I won't do them justice maybe?? Anyway after MANY hours and going WAY outside my comfort zone, I have finished my card and I'm very pleased with it!!

I took a paper doily and sponged it softly to better match my colors. I really like the look/feel it adds to the card. I used one of my vintage hat pins that I've been hoarding, I came across them the other summer at a yard sale! I added a few beads, stuck it thru my lace an added a pretty bow(that I made with my Bow-Easy, Love that thing!). The flowers are cut out and popped up at several different levels to give it lots of dimension. I added different size pearls to all the flower centers. I finished it off with 2 of my own crocheted butterflies. I added a little trail of pearls to each one.

I have decided that I will give this card to my Mom for Mother's Day! She LOVES flowers and she is the one who taught me to crochet and I think it will make her smile! She doesn't use computers so I know I can keep her from seeing this! I just need to keep it hidden here at home for when she stops by.

Well thanks for stopping by, sorry for the long post today! The list of challenges this is for and all the supplies used is listed below. Please let me know what you think of the card! I may even start working on another one now that I have the first one under my belt!! LOL :0)

~ Challenges ~
Flourishes Timeless Tue ~ Doilies
Tuesday Throwdown ~ Embellish it
Joan's Garden ~ Use Heartfelt Creations stamps
Moving Along With the Times ~ For Someone Special
Some Odd Girl ~ Make it Girlie!

~ Supply List ~
Stamps ~ Heartfelt Creations Posy Patch Garden Delights , Posy Patch Flowers
Paper ~ Blueberry Sky, Plum Pudding, Misc DP
Ink ~ Memento Tuxedo Black, Soft Sky, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum
Accessories ~ Vintage Hat Pin, Beads, Pearls, Lace, Ribbon, Paper Doily, Crocheted Butterflies, Label 3 nesties, Circle Nesties, pop dots, Copics, Bow-Easy

12 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Oh my goodness, you do not need to be intimidated any more,. Your cards is as beautiful as any of the cards made! I love the addition of the crochert pieces and what a perfect Mother's Day card!

I hope you will play in more challenges because you have lots to offer.

Thanks so much for play in Joan's Gardens #25 Weekly challenge. Good luck too.'

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Glenda said...

What a beauty! Lovely job. Just think what you can do with a little practice if this was your first effort with these stamps!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is one beautiful work of art GF!

Pami said...

This is just wonderful Janice, the flowers look lovely and I love the colours you have used too. Your mum will love it I am sure! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week. Pami x

craftieodmae said...

Girl this bombs!!!! It's breath taking, I love that set!

Selma said...

Wow Janice this is gorgeous. This is one of my favorite stamps and you certainly created a work of art with it. Your mom is going to love it. Those butterflies are perfect for this card. Thanks for helping us celebrate Joan's 25th Challenge. Hope you join in on the fun every week. Love seeing your beautiful work.

Robin said...

How adorable are those little butterflies!!! Thanks so much for playing with Some Odd Girl, Robin

This N That said...

I don't know where to start. The butterflies? The hat pin?? That awesome bow??? Or the image!!! I love this! Thanks for playing with some odd girl!

Davi said...

How beautiful!! Love the image and the dimension! thanks for sharing with us at TT this week.

yyam said...

Oh this is beautiful! Love the soft colors! Love the layers! I'm sure mom would be pleased.

Thanks for joining us over at Some Odd Girl! :)

Kim Sonksen said...

I adore those butterflies!
Thank you so much for joining us at SOME ODD GIRL

Cor* said...

Super great job with the dimension and colors. Perfect sponging of the paper doily and those crocheted butterflies are an awesome touch.Thanks for being UBER GIRLY & ODD with us this time round at Some Odd Girl. Corry (GDT)