Saturday, October 21, 2017

Blue Christmas


Hello! I've been playing in my bag of tiny designer paper scraps this week, I save everything! Been trying to get better and throw some things out but.......it's hard. Anyway I traced the outline on my PTI Christmas Tree die onto a scrap of card stock and randomly placed my paper strips down and it snowballed from there! Ended up with like a dozen tress in various colors. Now to come up with different ways/ideas to use them. For this particular tree I embossed it and then add stickles to the embossing, finished it off with some rhinestones. Cut out some stitched hills (die's I bought off Amazon) from some shimmery card stock so that it looked more like snow. Added a 2nd plain embossed tree for a little depth, and a sparkly snowflake in the corner and called it done. Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great weekend! It's gonna be a nice here in South Central PA.

 ~ Challenges ~
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper ~ Anything Goes
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge ~ Anything Christmas
Happy Little Stampers ~ Christmas Challenge
SCS Falliday Fest ~ Picking Up The Pieces

7 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Sometimes I think I have more scraps than whole pieces! You had me with the blue on this pretty tree. Love it, and the assorted pile on the bottom.

Wendy said...

Those trees are so pretty with the mix of patterned papers! They will make some great holiday cards! I usually throw most of my scraps away but might have to rethink that after seeing this! TFS and enjoy this nice weekend! :)

Susan Renshaw said...

I love this idea of scrap using trees! May have to borrow the design!
Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Extra!
Susan
DT for CHNC Extra!
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Carol L said...

What a fun way to use your scraps! I too have a hard time throwing things away but these trees look great! The snowy hills and embossed background are all these great trees really need!

Jane said...

Super stripy trees and a great use of scraps. Thanks for playing at the HLS Christmas challenge.

BożenA said...

Wow! Beautiful Christmas card. Your Christmas tree is so beautiful. I love slanting, it looks like chains on Christmas trees.
Thank you for joining our challenge of HLS.
Regards,
BozenA

Helen said...

Great card - thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

Helen x